All dads need a few great tools in their workshop or garage, but one of the best has to be a pressure washer. There’s nothing quite so satisfying as using one on your patio, outdoor furniture or car and getting it crystal clean in no time. Yes, there’s no denying it, a pressure washer makes every dad feel like a real man, so here we take a look at this fantastic cleaning tool and find out more about how to choose the right one.
Why use A Pressure Washer
There are so many great ways that you can use a pressure washer. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular uses:
- Cleaning your driveway
- Cleaning the garage floor
- Cleaning dirty tile or concrete patios
- Washing down wooden decks
- Cleaning vinyl or brick home exteriors
- Washing fencing
- Cleaning trucks and cars
- Cleaning boats and trailers
- Cleaning bikes
- Cleaning lawn mowers
- Cleaning patio furniture
- Cleaning BBQ grills
What To Consider When Buying A Pressure Washer
Here are my top tips on what to keep in mind when you choose your pressure washer:
- Size – think about what you need your pressure washer to do. If you’re looking at just cleaning your car, patio furniture, BBQ grill or a small wood deck, an electric pressure washer with a PSI of between 1300 and 1900 is ideal. If you need to clean larger vehicles, boats, siding and large patios, a gas engine model is a better choice with a PSI of between 2000 and 3100. If you’re needing a model that is capable of industrial strength applications like removing graffiti or stripping paint, a gas engine unit with a PSI of 3200 to 4200 is the perfect choice.
- Features – these will vary depending on the size of unit you have chosen. If you need an electric washer, you are looking for a lightweight, compact unit with a flexible hose, a range of nozzles, an onboard tank for detergent and onboard spray gun storage. Find one on http://bestpressurewasher.reviews/top-rated-compact-electric-power/. For a lower PSI gas engine washer, you’re looking for a heavier duty frame with big wheels, a steel or poly braided hose, a steel spray wand, quick connect coupling and several spray tips. If you’re looking for a professional model you’ll need to look for a solid steel axle, a commercial series engine and pneumatic heavy duty tires.
Which Are The Best Pressure Washers?
There are so many different pressure washers on the market, but here are some of my recommendations, so read on!
When you need a really simple to use, yet incredibly effective pressure washer, the Generac 7019 is the one for you. I love this unit because it is really user friendly and yet it has an incredibly sound industrial quality design. No matter what task you need accomplished, from blasting your patio to cleaning your wooden patio furniture, this pressure washer has it covered, and with its four settings – soap, pavement, house and car, it’s incredibly versatile.
It makes short work of every application and its large gas cap makes it a breeze to refill. The handle is comfortable making it a lot easier to transport and it has great hose access from the back. Operating at a PSI of 3100 it has a 196 cc engine and has a water flow of 2.4 gpm – ideal for all kinds of cleaning jobs around the home.
Briggs & Stratton 020655
The Briggs and Stratton 020655 is one of my top choices for suburban users who want a convenient pressure washer that is powerful enough to clean their patio and driveway but which is also lightweight and easy to handle. This model is a great all-round sprayer and it is simple to move from place to place thanks to its protective frame that’ll stop it from getting too beaten up in your home workshop.
Its low profile makes this a perfect unit for anyone who has a crowded garage and needs a model which can fit perfectly into a small space. This sturdy and durable pressure washer has wide tires which make it portable and weight distribution which is really pivot friendly. Although the hose is a bit stiff, this is still a great choice for the money, with its water flow of 2.7 gpm and a 208 cc engine that operates at a powerful 3200 PSI.
Learn more when you visit bestpressurewasher.reviews.